Friday 5 July 2013

Vases From Upcycled Vintage Glass

Ten Green Bottles Sitting on a Wall

If I could name two things that bring me visual pleasure in my home (not counting my family) then I would have to say having garden flowers and using vintage bottles and jars as vases. Truthfully I would prefer them to vases, I guess it is the ultimate in upcycling. The beauty of glass and the beauty of flowers. I know upcycling into vases like this is all the rage currently, but I can't help but think our grandmothers and great-grandmothers would be having a little chuckle if they could see us. Not because what we are doing is so clever and unique, but because we think it's new. I'm sure they would have popped flowers into whatever they could find around their homes that they thought would look pretty, brightening up their surroundings, particularly during some of those dark days in the first half of the 20th century.So here is a celebration of our modern day upcycling and a nod to our grandma's and nanna's who no doubt have lead the way in appreciating simple beauty. Lisa xx


Vintage Champion Vinegar Bottles


Vintage Mason Jars


Assorted Vintage Tasmanian Cordial Bottles

Vintage Cobalt Blue Chemist Bottles

Vintage Milk Bottles

Assorted Small Vintage Bottles
Vintage Pharmacy Vial
Assorted Vintage Bottles



Assorted Vintage Fowlers Jars





No comments:

Post a Comment